Monday, February 18, 2008

Assignment THREE cont'd: Commend and Defend.


I keep thinking... "Why 'commend'?" Shouldn't it be "comment"? Nevermind me, it's just a random thought.

Anyway, e-learning this week is a very good way of forcing people to comment on your assignment progress, and to have your comments section flooded too. No worries, i love receiving feedbacks.



Here's a compilation of my replies to all the comments posted.
Thanks you all who commented. I really appreciate them a lot. :)


1. Rebecca Oh.
I love the photos that you've taken. I can see the 'love' shown in the pictures.

However, the first picture of the girl making a heart with her hands cant really be seen. The heart was too dark. Maybe you can make the picture a bit brighter? Because when i first looked at the picture, the first thing that came to my mind was ' aww... this girl is so cute'. But the heart wasn't clearly shown.

Ya, I realized that too after photoshopping it. Because I applied ‘curves’ on it, so the hand looks darker.

Before:

After:

Done some brightness/contrast changes. Hope it’s better now.


2. Karen
i agree that the first girl's heart hand sign cannot really be seen.
but i love your photos. the way it was taken, the quality and feeling of them. nicely done!

Thanks!


3. Rash
I think it would be better if your first, second and free hugs photo be in white light since the majority of your photos are in white light. However, I believe that the free hugs photo is taken quite some time back..so a bit hard to retake that moment. Unless you’re gonna take a photo of someone with that poster in the day. Haha Other than that, nice photoshots!

Hmmm, well, it’s really difficult to control the lightings. I’ll try to photoshop the photos to minimize the orangeness of the tungsten lights. And I’ll arrange the sequence of the photos such that the distractions caused by the change in lightings are minimized.


4. Anonymous

Great job! Really love the pics that you have taken. They look nice and the colour is well balanced. The colour combination of your photos gave a warm feeling.In addition, i think your message is clear and straight forward.

Just wondering, what kind of music do you intend to use? Will it be those more towards light heartered kind or more romantic kind?

Actually I haven’t really gone to search for a music piece yet. I guess I’ll be going for a more neutral piece. Not too light-hearted, not too romantic. So it can be funny at times, yet touching at the same time. Not sure how it’ll work out, but hope to find a good piece soon. At most just compose my own song. Haha. Easier said than done!


5. Devi

Hey girl, I like how the pictures turned out. The picture where the older sister reading to the younger brother, I like the way the colours turned out. Not in your face and yet so colourful and pretty. The idea about the different age group doing the love sign is good cos it kind of links the whole video together. All the best

Thanks!


6. jocelyn teo

heyy, ill like to see more photos with the heart formed with fingers!! i think that'll be something that makes your video stand out, because almost everyone else will be taking photos of different representations of love. :) but do try to think out of the box, and make them pose with the heart, in wacky and interesting situations! :)

Yupps, I’ll be getting people whom I know to pose wacky photos for me. Thanks!


7. Mark

Yup nice photoshoots, I liked the free hugs thing haha...loved that video that was floating around...

Anyway I think its nice that you try to explore the way people express and show love, its a nice way to arrange it too. Although I think maybe for each set you might want to try transiting the backgrounds/lightning or keeping it the same.. admittedly, its tough to retake but er, shoot more?

Hmmm, personally I think it’s okay to transit between the different lightings. It depends on the transition style chosen, and I’ll try to keep the distractions minimal. But I doubt I’ll be able to keep a consistent white lighting.


8. Jennifer
I love the idea of taking pictures of random people forming the heartshaped using their hands. haha! u can look for me if you need hands!

Thanks!


9. chr1s0ng

Same comment about the first pic.. Play around with the angle if you can retake the shot perhaps...

Putting it together i can see it working... just the process and what you're using as background will make the difference on the type of effect it has... so experiment abit.. you'll get the mood you want hopefully...

Note taken. Thanks!


10. Katherine Lu

One good way to capture kids doing heart shape is to ... GATECRASH a child care centre!! HAHA. Ok I am kidding but you can write in and ask for permission. I mentioned childcare because the kids are extremely adorable and innocement. Most of the time they are actually not even camera shy especially with their friends and they will have so much fun. In return, you can even offer to email the picture or develope the image for the child care center as to thank them for helping you.

Yes, I'm considering crashing into a childcare centre too. I've been to my church children's service for these children photos. Hope childcare centers are friendly! :)




Once again, thanks all who've commented. :)
Anyone with any other feedbacks, please do drop me a comment!

No comments: